A Flint woman was able to make it out of her burning home this morning. Her dogs weren't so lucky.
Fire authorities says 3 dogs, all of them Boston Terriers, were found dead inside a burning home on Flint's east side. It happened around 2:30 this morning on Churchill near Dexter.
When fire crews arrived they found the woman who rents the home, outside. She told them she cooked some food in a microwave, then went into another room to eat it. Then she claims she noticed the kitchen was on fire.
Fire officials are checking her story. She wasn't hurt but the home appears to be a total loss.
The woman rented the home from her father.