46 / 32
      40 / 31
      42 / 33

      Amber alert victim was scheduled to testify against alleged abductor

      Raymond Robert Bush

      NEWPORT, Mich. - Authorities say a 38-year-old man found dead inside a van along with a 15-year-old Michigan girl was being sought after missing a court appearance for a sex case involving the girl.

      Clare County Sheriff John Wilson said that Raymond Robert Bush of Newport had been scheduled to appear Wednesday in 80th District Court, where he was charged with two counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.

      Read more Reed City girl, suspect both found dead after standoff Monroe News: Bush's pursuit of Manley became obsessive WDIV: Were deaths part of suicide pact?

      The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Taylor Eileen Manley, 15, a Harrison High School student, was supposed to testify against Bush.

      Wilson says an arrest warrant was issued after Bush failed to appear.

      State police in Reed City issued an Amber Alert on Wednesday morning for Manley, saying she had been kidnapped and Bush was a suspect.

      Troopers found the van Wednesday evening in a cemetery in the southeastern Michigan community of Newport, about 170 miles southeast of Reed City.

      The Free Press also reports that autopsies were scheduled for this morning.

      The Associated Press contributed to this report.