Birch Run couple safely evacuated from house fire
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 02:33:54 GMT —
A Birch Run man and his wife were safely evacuated after fire damaged their two-story home Tuesday evening.
Firefighters from Frankenmuth and Birch Run responded to a home on S. Reese Road near Gera and Rathbun around 8 p.m. The home was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived.
A relative on scene told NBC25 that the family had a wood burner in the basement that could have sparked a chimney fire.
The official cause remains under investigation.