Explosion lands man in jail after attempt to cook marijuana wax goes awry
GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Mich. --A 25-year-old man has been arrested after his attempt at cooking marijuana wax resulted in an explosion.
The Grand Blanc Township Police say a man attempting to make marijuana wax caused an explosion in a trailer.
The explosion took place just after 1 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of East Suffolk Court.
Neighbors called 911 after hearing a loud explosion.
When police arrived, the saw that the windows had been blown out of the trailer.
Inside, they found a dazed, uninjured man who admitted he was trying to cook marijuana wax when the explosion took place.
Police investigating revealed that he was using butane in the process and it had ignited.
He is currently being held in the Genesee County Jail.