NBC25 has received confirmation from the Frankenmuth Police Department that a fire broke out at Zehnder TMs Restaurant Thursday morning.
Frankenmuth Police Chief Don Mawer tells NBC25 an ornamental fireplace began to spark around 7:46 a.m. A firefighter on the scene tells our crewsa witness saw flames shooting from the chimney.
Fire crews responded quickly to the scene and were able to put out the flames and contain the damage to the chimney.
Fire officials say there is no significant damage, and fortunately no toxic fumes were released during the event.
The restaurant never closed and is currently open for business.