Fire rips through Genesee Township plaza
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 23:23:23 GMT —
An overnight fire at a Genesee Township plaza destroyed an abandoned pet shop, and caused smoke damage inside several other businesses.
The call came in around 2 a.m., and six separate crews responded to the scene.
"That's undetermined at this time. Were still investigating," said Genesee Township Battalion Chief Steve McClain.
"I was coming up the stairs and I just saw this bright red light outside my back window and heard knocking at the door," said Chris Abueita, who runs a party store in the plaza with his parents.
A fire wall kept the store from going up in flames.
A tanning salon and Sam's Coney Island were also protected from the flames by the walls.