61
      Friday
      76 / 60
      Saturday
      75 / 62
      Sunday
      80 / 59

      Fireworks blamed for fire at home in Grand Haven

      Authorities in western Michigan say that fireworks landing on the roof may have cause a fire that heavily damaged a home in Grand Haven.

      TV stations WZZM and WOOD, the Grand Haven Tribune and The Grand Rapids Press say the fire broke out Friday morning.

      Reports say fire crews arriving at the scene found heavy smoke coming from the attic. Authorities say the fire was contained by 11:15 a.m. and crews were extinguishing hot spots.

      The Grand Haven Tribune says a friend of the owners was shooting off fireworks when the fire started. They say they were unable to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.