77
      Thursday
      84 / 64
      Friday
      84 / 64
      Saturday
      86 / 66

      Gas explosion takes out part of building in Genesee Township

      Part of a building that houses ambulances in Genesee Township exploded after filling with gas overnight.

      It all happened at the MMR building on the corner of Saginaw and Wisner. Last night an ambulance backed into the gas meter, knocking it off of the building.

      Throughout the night, the building filled with gas.

      Then, at about 10 this morning, most of the back half of the building exploded.

      Consumers Energy was able to plug the leak. There were no injuries.

      Consumers Energy is still on the scene, assessing the damage. The supervisor for MMR said he is waiting for crews to come and board up the building.