A Tuesday morning fire claims the life of a Grand Blanc Township woman. The fire started around 6:20 a.m. at a home on Springdale Boulevard near Porter Rd.
Fire Chief Jim Harmes tells NBC25, 60-year-old Edith Alexander was killed after a fire broke out in the her kitchen. According to fire officials, less than optimal weather conditions kept the smoke in the home, making it difficult to rescue Alexander.
Three dogs and three cats also perished. A neighbor called 911.
The fire is still under investigation.