component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      37
      Tuesday
      31 / 16
      Wednesday
      23 / 11
      Thursday
      22 / 12

      Grill starts fire at Genesee Twp. restaurant

      A fire in Genesee Township halted dinner service for a local restaurant.

      Genesee Township and Burton fire departments responded to the scene at Chipâ??s Supper Club on Richfield Road just before 6 p.m. Genesee Township Fire Chief Ray Sowa told NBC25 that an outdoor propane grill behind the restaurant caught fire and flames spread to a nearby fence and then to an unused walk-in freezer.

      Employees and patrons were evacuated from the restaurant. The restaurant suffered mostly smoke damage. No one was hurt.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER