Part of Gilbert's Do It Best Hardware and Appliances' building in Owosso came down last night.
Last night at around 11:15, K.C. Gilbert, the owner, received a call from the Shiawassee County Sheriff's Department letting him know about the damage.
He arrived at the store and was surprised at the extent of the damage.
It is believed that water had drained onto a lower roof on the back of the store and this caused the roof to cave in.
Gilbert said that it was lucky this happened after business hours so that no one was hurt.
The area of the store that was damaged was used for paint storage and shipping. There is also water in the basement with TVs, other appliances and even Christmas trees receiving damage.
The cost of the damage is not yet known.
There was also a gas leak at the location that was contained.
Despite the damage, Gilbert's is open for business today.