Lightning sparks fire at Grand Blanc Township collectibles store
Thu, 08 May 2014 02:41:10 GMT —
A Fenton Road collectibles store is badly damaged following a fire sparked by lightning.
According to Grand Blanc Fire Chief Jim Harmes, the fire started when lightning hit the roof of the Jellybeans Collectibles store around 8:30 this evening.
Chief Harmes said the building had already suffered a lot of damage by the time crews arrived on scene.
"I'm not surprised at all that we got calls, we had a house fire, a possible house fire as we got dispatched to this one so we've had two calls here and we had quite a bit of lightning in the Grand Blanc area", said Harmes.
Fire crews from Burton and Mundy Township were also called in to help extinguish the flames.