Looking for a place to stay cool? Here's a list of cooling centers
Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:53:33 GMT —
Stay up to date on the heat on the NBC25 Weather page.
Trying to fight off the heat can be deadly, and as Mid-Michigan reaches record highs, NBC25 wants to make sure you have places to go to stay cool this summer.
Here TMs a list of Cooling Centers in the area:
- Coleman Senior Center, 415 E. Webster, Coleman 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Greendale Center, West Midland Family Center, 4011.5 @. Isabella Road, Shepherd 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Happy Diners Center at Memorial Presbyterian Church, 1310 Ashman Street, Midland 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mills Center, North Midland Family Center, 2601 E. Shearer Road, Mills Twp 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sanford Senior Center, 113 West Lincoln St., Sanford 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Trailside Center at Senior Services Building, 4700 Dublin Ave., Midland 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Grace A. Dow Memorial Library, 1710 W. St. Andrews St., Midland 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Midland Civic Arena, 405 Fast Ice Drive, Midland 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Midland Community Services Building, 220 W. Elsworth St. Midland, lobby and board room area 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- West Midland Family Center, 4011 W. Isabella Rd., Shepherd 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- North Midland Family Center, 2601 E. Shearer Rd., Mills Twp. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Riverside Friendship Center, 800 J.F. Kennedy Dr. Monday " Friday, 9 am " 2 pm
- Hampton Happy Hearts, 801 W. Center Rd. Essexville Monday "Thursday 10 am " 6pm, Friday 2pm -6pm
- KawKawlin Senior Dining Center, 1800 E. Parish Rd. KawKawlin Wednesday & Thursday , 9 a.m. " 12:30 p.m.
- Rainbow Center and the Canteen, 800 Livingston Ave, Bay City Tues., Wed., & Thurs., 9:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- Williams Senior Dining Center, 1080 W. Midland Rd., Auburn Mon- Thurs, 9 a.m. " 1p.m.
- Eleanor Frank Senior Center on Schust is open till 7 p.m.
- Marie Davis Senior Center on Second Street is open until 5 p.m.
- The Caro Area District Library, 840 W. Franklin St. Tuesday " Friday, 9 a.m. " 8 p.m.
- St. Paul Lutheran Church, 200 N. Cedar St., Imlay City 10:30 am -9 p.m.
- Almont Lions, Water Street Almont 10:30 am -9 p.m.
- Burton Senior Center
- Carman-Ainsworth Senior Center
- Clio Senior Center
- Davison- Richfield Senior Center
- Eastside Senior Center
- Flushing Senior Center
- Forest Township Area Senior Center
- Grand Blanc Senior Center
- Hasselbring Community Center
- Krapohl Senior Center
- Loose Senior Center
- Montrose Senior Center
- Pierce Senior Center
- Swartz Creek Senior Center.
Some area churches may be used as cooling centers as well. Please call your community senior center for hours of operation. For more information on extreme heat or cooling centers, call the American Red Cross Genesee-Lapeer Chapter at (810) 232-1401.