We now know the identity of the man who was trapped inside his Tuscola County home when it exploded Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities say 69-year-old Doug Shipper was trying to light up his gas stove when the explosion occurred in Wisner Township, near the corner of Manke Drive and Owen Road.
T he State Fire Marshal was on the scene Wednesday looking for clues as to where the source of the gas leak came from.
The Tuscola County S heriff, Akron fire department and the Unionville Fire Departments responded to the house explosion Tuesday around 1:30pm.
I nvestigators say the blast was heard miles away.
N eighbors tell us Shipper was trapped inside his home until a good Samaritan helped him to safety.
Officials say Shipper remains hospitalized at Hurley Medical Center.
His condition is unknown.