Healthy red meat offers healthy benefits:
· Contains healthy fats â?? Omega 3â??s
· Anti-inflammatory which can help reduce pain and prevent disease
· Contains CLA â?? can help with weight loss
· Healthy protein
· Increases energy by high iron content
· An Australian study found that women who ate beef or lamb daily were half as likely to have major depression or anxiety
How to find healthy red meat
· There is a big difference between grain-fed, farm-raised cows and grass-fed, free range cows
· Animals are meant to roam free and either eat grass or forage for food, when you feed them grains it makes them sick so they typically have to be given antibiotics. This causes their meat to become not only inflammatory from the grains but loaded with antibiotics.
· 80% of all antibiotics are used on factory farm animals. This is a startling and scary statistic.
· Look for antibiotic-free and organic meat, even betterâ?¦ meet the farmer that raised the meat. They will be able to tell you exactly how the animal was raised, including if the animal was given any antibiotics.
· Some countries have already taken steps against unhealthy meat. For example, Denmark began restricting antibiotics used for growth promotion in meat 1998. All uses of antibiotics in food animals must be accompanied by a prescription in a valid veterinarian, and veterinarians cannot profit from the sale of antibiotics.
Some places from where we buy our meat:
Erskine Farm, Saginaw - 989-781-8949
Garrett Cattle Company, Mt. Pleasant -- 989-944-0124
Tedâ??s Meat Market, Saginaw â?? 989-793-9750