The fire burned throughout the night. The call went out around 10 pm and firefighters say they did not get the blaze under control until 3 am. The garage is surrounded by power lines-keeping firefighters away from the fire for two hours until Consumers Energy arrived.
The delay came at a cost for the Eastman family and employee John Vandervane.
"Those are my tools right there in the background that i have acquired over the past thirty years of doing automotive work,?? said Vandervane.
Vandervane says the fire has destroyed his way of life.
"Oh they are very expensive i have receipts for 120 130 thousand dollars of tools that are sitting there right now.??The Eastman family declined to comment about the fire but they say the business is in its third generation and it is a shock.