Mike Green from Crust in Fenton shows how to make amazing blueberry muffins.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and spray the top part of the pan lightly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in bowl.
- Whisk the butter, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and milk together.
- Place 1 cup of the blueberries into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add chopped blueberries to the egg mixture.
- Add the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until moist. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in the remaining blueberries
- Scoop the batter with an ice-cream scoop into prepared muffin pan. Batter should come to the top of the liner or pan. Garnish with decorative sugar crystals or granulated sugar before baking.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove from pan and ENJOY!
- Caramel Apple Muffin
- Replace the blueberries with peeled chopped apples coated in cinnamon and sugar. Garnish tops of muffins with melted caramel after baking instead of using the decorative sugar garnish.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffin
- Replace the blueberries with chopped rhubarb and strawberries coated in cinnamon and sugar.