MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Sheriff: Motel fire linked to marijuana production

A motel room caught fire in Harrison Tuesday.

CLARE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- A motel in Hayes Township caught fire Tuesday from oils being burned inside.

Around 10 a.m. Tuesday, Harrison Fire Department responded to a fire in a room at a motel just north of Harrison.

Deputies from the Clare County Sheriff's Office said the people inside the motel room were burning oils for marijuana production.

The two people ran from the room before emergency crews got there, according to the report.

The pair was found, the 24-year-old Harrison woman was treated for burns.

The 27-year-old Clare man was arrested on unrelated warrants and lodged in the Clare County Jail, deputies said.

The investigation is ongoing and the report was sent to the prosecutor for review of charges, according to deputies.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending