Woman injured after house fire in Flint Township
Flint Township Fire Department was on the scene of a house fire on the 2100 block of Bernice Avenue south of Corunna Road.
Flint Township, Grand Blanc Fire Departments and the Genesee County Sheriff's Department were on the scene.
According to Flint Township Assistant Fire Chief Michael Berkley, a woman was home when the fire started.
A neighbor pounded on her door and helped her get out.
The woman was transported to an area hospital for back injuries.
The home has extensive damage to the kitchen.
Chief Berkley says the fire started by the chimney and moved to the roof.
The fire is under investigation to figure out how it started.