Crews respond to fire at Italia Garden in Davison
DAVISON, Mich. --The Davison-Richfield Fire Department confirmed that there was a fire at Italia Gardens Sunday night.
It started just before 10 p.m.
Don Haley, the owner of the restaurant says the fire happened in the chimney, but it lasted no more than five minutes.
Haley says the restaurant will be open on Monday.
Fire crews say the hot weather, along with high humidity led to a build-up at the top of the chimney.
Haley says the Genesee County Health Department will visit the restaurant Monday as a formality.