IMLAY CITY, Mich. - The Michigan State Police Fire Marshal has ruled out two suspected causes for a deadly Imlay City fire, according to the Imlay City Police Department.
Police Chief Scott Pike released findings on Tuesday's mobile home fire which killed four children and left both parents and a fifth child in critical condition.
They were able to determine the fire started in the living room, but have not yet determined the cause.
Officials have ruled out the fire being started by a faulty furnace, the use space heaters or other alternative heat sources.
The surviving victims in the fire are the mother, father and an 18-month-old child.
Police say the child is being moved to a hospital in Detroit for 'specialized diagnostics' and treatment not available at the current hospital.
Both parents remain in critical but stable condition.
An investigation into the fire and its cause is ongoing.