Owosso apartment fire injures one, causes evacuation of dozens

An apartment fire in Owosso injured one person and caused the evacuation of dozens of residents. (Photo: WEYI/WSMH)

OWOSSO, Mich. – An apartment fire in Owosso injured one person and caused the evacuation of dozens of residents.

According to the city’s Facebook page, it happened at the Kona Village Apartments at 5:26 p.m. Tuesday.

The fire started on the stove of a third story apartment, filling the building with smoke.

An alert neighbor is credited with putting the fire out and helping others exit the smoke-filled building.

The city states Owosso police officers helped firefighters by climbing into the building and evacuating over 20 third floor residents.

In total, over seventy-five residents were evacuated.

The single injured resident suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

All other residents were allowed to return to their apartments.



close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending