Student fainting leads to drug arrest at Hamady High School

A Mt. Morris Township student was taken to a local hospital after eating a pot brownie and fainting in class. (Photo: Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0/MGN)

MT. MORRIS TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A Mt. Morris Township student was taken to a local hospital after eating a suspected marijuana brownie and fainting in class.

Police say a 14-year-old female Hamady student reported eating the 'pot brownie' after being taken to the hospital.

Using that information, police began investigating where the she got the brownie.

That investigation led to the arrest of a 19-year-old male in the parking lot of Hamady High School.

Police seized another suspected pot brownie during the arrest.

“The police department would like to warn parents and guardians to question kids to make sure they are not in possession of marijuana brownies because they can cause serious if not deadly medical issues,” Mt. Morris Township Police said in a statement.

The investigation remains ongoing.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending