Winter driving refresher course
Do you remember how to drive in the snow?
Now might be a good time to get back in gear.
We can expect to see between one to three inches of snow in mid-Michigan tomorrow.
The Upper Peninsula could see six to 12 inches by Sunday.
Dyck Van Koevering with the Insurance Alliance of Michigan has a few safety tips for drivers, which include:
- Leaving distance between your vehicle and the one ahead of you
- Drive distraction-free and don’t text while driving
- Slow down
- Be aware of what other drivers are doing around you, and expect the unexpected
- Leave early so you don’t have to rush to reach your destination
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Keep a blanket, bottled water and flashlights in your car in case you are stranded
- If you are involved in an accident, pull your car to the side of the road if possible and call 9-1-1.